Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My First Blogger Post

Hi everyone! This is my first blog on this site. I decided to make a website officially just for my paintings. I have a few websites made but some were for personal stuff and the others were my site for my Interior Design profession. I have been uploading some of my artworks on those sites, but i figured this will be solely for my Works of Art.
I will be updating you with what i am working on, what i have finished and just about anything that i can think of that involves my passion and also lately a source of income.
I have started posting on Ebay and Etsy for almost 2 years already. When i first tried Ebay, i just signed up because we (my husband Jeff and I) wanted to sell an old cellphone. I didnt know anything about Ebay ... how to post and collect and ship. I just followed the step by step instructions. Added a Paypal account..and viola!... When I posted the phone, i didnt know anything about starting bid, shipping and all that. I actually even forgot about what i posted. I only remembered about it when i recieved an email that the phone was SOLD for...i think that was $56! We got so excited that we looked around the house on what else we could sell. It was so hilarious!


Anyway, about my paintings... I am originally from the Philippines. I am a Professional Interior Designer, Financial Consultant of PruLife UK and also a part-owner of BigBreak Pharmacy. I paint as a hobby. I give it as gifts and also use it as accessories for my clients homes and offices. I learned a little about painting when I was in College,since we had to do perspectives and render it. Back then there weren't any AUTOCADs yet. I moved to Guam 2 years ago, got married there..then moved here in California. One day Jeff asked me if i can paint him some BEACH scenes and surfboards. So I got some painting materials and then made a painting of SURFBOARDS. He was so excited and was so proud....and asked to make another one.haha!

I made a few more surfing themes,then some MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS. I painted an abstract guitar on a 20x30 stretched canvas board. Then i thought of my EBAY...so, i posted it for 7 days...and guess what? I "sold" it again..... so basically thats the start of my painting career.

I try to post 5-10 paintings per week. Last month, i have been invited to join UNITED FOLK ARTISTS. UFA also has an Ebay account. So i try to make more paintings, so i can post some on both Ebay Accounts.
I think this is it for now. On my next post, i will try to include photos of my ARTWORKS. I will include some of my paintings that were sold already too.
Thanks for dropping by and reading my blog! Check my paintings at PRISARTS GALLERY and Objects of Arts Gallery.






No comments:

Post a Comment