Sunday, February 5, 2012

Mexican Artist Frida Kahlo Portrait Painting by Pristine Cartera-Turkus




20" x 16"
Painted on stretched canvas
Ready to Hang
 with Certificate of Authenticity
$ 300.00
SOLD


Mexican painter known as Frida Kahlo, was born under the name of Magdalena Carmen Frida Kahlo Calderon, a July 6, 1907 in Coayacán, Mexico.
Frida once said: "I suffered two grave accidents in my life …. One in which a streetcar knocked me down and the other was Diego. " The streetcar accident left her physically disabled and emotionally crippled Rivera.During her lifetime, Frida created some 200 paintings, drawings and sketches related to the experiences of his life, physical and emotional pain and her turbulent relationship with Diego. She produced 143 paintings, 55 of which are self-portraits. When asked why she painted so many self-portraits, Frida replied: "Because I am so often alone, because I am the person I know best. "
Now she is gone, but his legacy will live forever …


Check out my paintings for sale:




ORIGINAL: PRISARTS GALLERY


NEEDLEPOINT: KATHY'S SPAREROOM

No comments:

Post a Comment